No one should feel unsafe in their place of employment. If you are a victim of workplace harassment, know that you have rights. Read on and give our firm a call today to speak with one of our skilled and dedicated New Jersey employment lawyers. Our legal team is on your side no matter what.
Are there New Jersey laws that protect those who are victims of workplace harassment?
Being harassed in the workplace is an incredibly stressful experience. Luckily, New Jersey has various laws in place to protect employees. Some of these laws include:
- New Jersey Law Against Disability (NJLAD)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978
To learn more about these laws, read on and reach out to our skilled New Jersey employment attorneys today. Our legal team will protect you and your rights.
What constitutes workplace harassment in New Jersey?
Keep in mind that workplace harassment must be constant behavior, rather than a one-time instance. You may have a claim against your employer if you have been subjected to the following:
- Offensive jokes
- Other behavior that created a truly hostile work environment
If you are uncertain whether the behavior you are facing is deemed harassment, give our firm a call today.
What should I do if I believe I am being harassed?
If you feel that you are being harassed, there are a number of different important measures you should take including:
- Inform your employer
- Notify the HR department. Make sure to keep copies of records showing that you attempted to notify someone about the harassment.
- Take screenshots of any emails or texts that document the harassment.
- Document the harassment. If you are able, take photos and videos of the harassment you are being subjected to. This can be extremely important when it comes to a workplace harassment case.
- Keep a thorough log. Write down each instance of harassment, the date it occurred, what was said or done, etc.
If you have taken the above steps and no changes have been made, it is in your best interest to reach out to a skilled employment law attorney. Our firm is committed to ensuring you feel safe at work. If you are being harassed at work, give our firm a call today to speak with a dedicated attorney.
Contact our Firm
The dedicated and compassionate attorneys at Vigilante Law Firm, P.C. would be happy to provide you with assistance in your case and help you protect your future when so much is on the line. Contact us today to schedule a consultation so we can assess the specific circumstances surrounding your lawsuit.