If you are experiencing harassment in the workplace, our legal team is on your side. Do not wait to reach out to the Vigilante Law Firm, P.C. to speak with a sexual harassment attorney in Gloucester County, NJ. Our legal team is on your side each step of the way. Here are some questions you may have:
Are there New Jersey laws that protect those who are victims of workplace harassment?
If you have experienced harassment in any way in the workplace, you can attest that it is an incredibly stressful experience. Fortunately, in the state of New Jersey, there are various laws in place to protect employees. Some of these laws include the following:
- New Jersey Law Against Disability (NJLAD)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978
If you would like to learn more about these laws, continue reading and reach out to our experienced New Jersey employment attorneys today. Our legal team will work tirelessly to protect you and your rights.
What is workplace harassment in New Jersey?
It is important to note that workplace harassment must be consistent behavior and not just a one-time instance. You may have a claim against your employer if you have been subjected to the following:
- Offensive jokes
- Other behavior that created a truly hostile work environment
If you are unsure about whether or not the behavior you are facing is considered harassment, our firm can help you.
What should I do if I believe I am being harassed?
If you believe that you are being harassed, there are several different important measures you should take including the following:
- Notify your employer
- Inform the HR department.
- Make sure to keep copies of records showing that you attempted to notify someone about the harassment.
- Take screenshots of any emails or texts that document the harassment.
- Document the harassment. If you are able, take photos and videos of the harassment you are being subjected to. This can be extremely important when it comes to a workplace harassment case.
- Keep a detailed log. Write down each instance of harassment, the date it occurred, what was said or done, etc.
If you have taken the above steps and no changes have been made, do not wait to reach out to a skilled employment law attorney. Our firm is committed to ensuring you feel safe at work. We are on your side.
Contact our Firm
The dedicated and compassionate attorneys at Vigilante Law Firm, P.C. would be happy to provide you with assistance in your case and help you protect your future when so much is on the line. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.