When an individual in New Jersey gets arrested for driving while intoxicated, they are facing an uncertain future. The state of New Jersey takes these matters very seriously and will penalize any offenders who drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol harshly. Anyone who is charged with driving while intoxicated should be sure to retain the services of an experienced criminal defense attorney that has the skill it takes to explore all possible defenses on behalf of the accused party.
Some of the possible defenses that may be assessed in cases of driving under the influence in New Jersey include the following:
- The law enforcement officer who pulled the driver over on suspicion of driving while intoxicated made an unlawful traffic stop
- The law enforcement officer failed to observe the driver for at least 20 minutes before they administered a chemical breath test
- The law enforcement officer made an error while administering a field sobriety test, such as:
- Failure to read all of the instructions
- Failure to demonstrate the test
- Failure to tell the individual that they can remove high heels
- The accused party has health problems that make it impossible to pass a field sobriety test
If you have been charged with a DWI, contact our firm today
The dedicated and compassionate attorneys at Vigilante Law Firm, P.C. would be happy to provide you with assistance in your case and help you protect your future when so much is on the line. Contact us today to schedule a consultation so we can assess the specific circumstances surrounding your lawsuit.